Oct 31, 2017

Our Top 5 Halloween Movies for Kids



Halloween is probably our top favorite holiday. If we can call it a holiday. But it is the time of year that we put the most effort into. My boys (2 and 3) aren't exposed to real scary movies like Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street, but we do like to show them kids scary movies. Now to them they may be scary so I advise for parents to take a look at the rating of each movie and be the judge for your own kiddos. I think my boys just enjoy the colors and sounds. I'm not sure if they understand story lines just yet. But they may and just aren't afraid of them. I also have a 13 year old daughter and she enjoys both real and kid scary movies.


So any who... here are our top 5 Halloween movies for kids.

One: Paranorman

We really like Paranorman.  It takes place in a small town known for it's witchy past. The anniversary of the witches death is coming soon and Norman has to use his special gift of talking to the dead to end the 500 year old curse. This movie can be a little scary. 

Two: Monsters, Inc.



Monsters, Inc. was one of my favorites when it first came out. The top "scarers" in the monster city have to save a little human girl from the evil monsters that want her screams. 

Three: Coraline




Coraline is a year round kids scary movie. I like to call it a kid thriller. Coraline finds a small door in her apartment that she just has to explore. When she goes in she finds an alternate reality with everything she can imagine, including an "other mother" with buttons for eyes. 




Four: Monster House




Monster House gave my boys a few jumps but it wasn't too bad. The evil old man that lives across the street keeps everything that touches his lawn and he has been freaking out kids in the neighborhood for years now. Finally one group of kids decide enough is enough when they start receiving phone calls from the house when no one was home. Creepy!

Five: Nightmare Before Christmas




I have to admit when I was a kid I was scared of Nightmare Before Christmas so I haven't shown it to my boys yet. But it is a favorite for my daughter. Set in a creepy Halloween town where everyone is monster-like and something scary is at every corner, the skeleton longs for new experiences. He finds a door in a tree that leads him to a not so scary Christmas town. The skeleton brings home all this new information about this other town and he decides to get everyone to celebrate Christmas with him. 

I love being able to stream these movies when we are on the go. Amazon Prime members have unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows. And if you order from Amazon as a Prime member you also get free two-day shipping on millions of items. Try your 30-day FREE trial now!

These Halloween movies are so much fun for the family. Don't forget to talk about what you are watching with your kids. If they seem too scared turn it off and do something fun. We do not need toddlers waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares. It's meant to be a fun activity to enjoy as a family. 

In the comments below tell me your favorite Halloween movies for kids.

Hey, don't forget, you can have toddler activities come straight to your inbox!


You may also like...












No comments:

Post a Comment